Friday, March 11, 2011

Saying Goodbye To An Old Friend

Something I struggle desperately with is Dr. Pepper. It's just something that I love. I don't allow myself to have more than one a day, but one a day is far too much in my opinion. And sometimes that one is a large Sonic Dr. Pepper. Up until recently I had quit ordering a large and mostly got a small and sometimes a medium. But over the last week or so I have started ordering a large again.

As I was cleaning yesterday my thoughts ran circles around giving up Dr. Pepper and why I was drinking so much right now. Won't this sudden jump in consumption make it even harder to give up next wk? And then the thought came to me it's like when you know you won't see someone for a very long time or even possibly never again you spend as much time with them as you can. Not that Dr. Pepper is a person or anything but I feel like I have to say goodbye to that particular thing in my life and want to drink as much as I can before I bid adieu. Sounds silly I know. But that is how I have to treat it.

I love DP but know it can't be such a big part of my diet. I am not gonna say I will never ever drink one as long as I live again, but I am determined that it will become a very rarety for me to have one. It's just not good for me and it is a No-No after surgery. Will you pray for me as I struggle with giving this up?

1 comment:

China and Reed said...

Consdier the prayers going up. Maybe you could have a funeral a burry a sonic cup with the words DP on the side. :) :) :)