Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Finally, Soft Foods

Today I finally got to eat some soft foods. I had my heart set on Pintos and Cheese from Taco Bell, so that's where I went. While I was there I also ordered an individual mashed potatoes and gravy, it's also a KFC, for later. I decided I would eat 1/2 pintos and cheese and half mashed potatoes because the smell of the grave was unbelievable!

I got home and took the first bite of the pintos and cheese. All that anticipation wrapped up in one bite. It tasted pretty good but hurt going down and it didn't take long until I was full. I was a little disappointed it didn't taste better, but I guess my taste buds have to re-develop after a month off from food. I am not sure what's on the menu for tonight but looking forward to my next try of food.

I keep going back and forth on the whole coffee thing. I keep thinking I am going to like it but the only coffee I have liked so far is McDonalds. So I think I have settled on a new 50lbs lost reward until I am enjoying coffee a little more. I have been wanting to get a really nice grill pan that you use on your stove-top to grill things indoors. I decided yesterday that would be my reward. Since I will be cooking healthier it will make it a lot easier than waiting for Brooks to get home to start grilling stuff. I found a really nice one for a great deal on Amazon.com. I really want a Keurig I guess it will be best if I wait until I am at least liking coffee a better. Maybe that's what I will ask Santa Claus for (hint, hint).

I always wait until the end of the post to share the really good news but I am down 26.5lbs. I just may meet my goal of losing it before my one-month surgeversary next Thursday. I really wanted to meet it before Easter so I could get my pedi before Easter service, but my original goal was at one month so I will be very happy either way! I've been doing some research on Quinoa and Polenta and found out that I can have both of those. So I will now be doing some recipe research on both to find new ways of fixing them and I hope to share some of those recipes soon.

2 comments:

China and Reed said...

Mom has cooked a bit with Polenta and made a great polenta salad once when here. She probably has great polenta receipes. I'll look for some more Quinoa since I'm now doing Gluten free stuff. Way to go on the 26.5 lbs. Love ya!

The Ferguson Family: said...

Thanks sister for being such a faithful reader! Love you too!!!!