Thursday, April 7, 2011

10 Days Later

Hello Friends!

It's been awhile. I haven't much felt like sitting at the computer and blogging the last 10 days. I am still recovering from surgery, as I am sure you know. I have had some good days, some OK days and just a couple of not so good days. Overall I think I have done pretty well. When I weighed this morning I was 20 lbs down from the first day of my liquid fast. And 8 of those I lost twice. When I came home from the hospital I had gained 8 lbs. But I knew it was all water since they pumped an extra IV bag of fluid in me before I went home because I was dehydrated. Imagine that. No water in almost 36 hrs makes for some dehydration. The care I received at the hospital was unbelievable. They have the most amazing nurses there.

I am still on liguids and am very tired of protein shakes already! Since I am able to only drink little bits at a time we have to half each shake. Which means I am drinking four a day. They recommend 60 grams of protein a day and since I am still on liquids all of it has to come from shakes. A little less then 2 wks and I can start soft foods.

I am super excited where I am headed and what's on the horizon for me. Hopefully I will be updating more often the better I feel.

2 comments:

China and Reed said...

Hey did you get that drink pack thing I sent?

The Ferguson Family: said...

Yes I did! I haven't tried it yet but I will very soon. Thank you so very much!