Monday, April 25, 2011

Learning To Like Cottage Cheese

I'll get to the loss first this time. I am down another 2.5lbs!!! Yesterday it was 3lbs but since today is my weigh in day I have to count 2.5. It gets frustrating sometimes because it flutuates so much. I know I shouldn't weigh everyday but right now it's really hard not to. I am coming up on my one-month surgeversary so I have 3days to lose 2 lbs. Not sure if I will meet my goal but I am really happy about where I am.

Yesterday at church I had a couple of people ask me if I was losing weight. So people are starting to notice :-) I was able to button my jeans without the aid of the belly band and they didn't even feel tight. I couldn't do that a week ago. We've tried to take some family walks, but with the weather and wind it's been a little tough. We got three in last week which is a good start.

Since I have to have so much protein I am learning to like some foods I wasn't all that sure I could ever like. Cottage cheese for instance. Never liked it before but after I found out it has 14 grams per 1/2 cup it suddenly tastes really good. I usually eat it twice a day. Eggs are something else I have learned to like. Not a big fan before but now I have to be. I also eat a lot of beans, chicken salad and tuna salad. It's almost like you don't want to waste any bites on anything that isn't pure protein because you have to have so much.

My love for feta cheese has reappeared too. I used to eat it a lot and haven't had any in a long time. I couldn't stay out of it. It's small little crumbles so it's really easy to eat. I've been experimenting with some mediteranian salads with feta, olives, tomatoes and either tuna or cottage cheese and mediteranian dressing. It's pretty good! You have to jazz things up a bit to keep from getting bored.

I am getting really worried about losing my hair. That is a side effect from losing weight so fast and I just don't have much to spare. That is why I am trying to eat so much protein, taking biotin and multi-vitamins. Please pray for me! I know it seems like a vain thing to ask for, especially since I chose to have this surgery and I am losing wieght just like I wanted to, but I just can't spare much hair. I really appreciate any prayers!

PS - I tried a Starbucks skinny hazelnut latte the other day. And really enjoyed it. I was only able to drink 1/2 of a tall so I stuck it in the fridge and reheated it the next day. Didn't finish it the next day but now I know if I get a latte I can get two servings out of one. That's kind of exciting. It doesn't make me feel as guilty ordering one.

Hope you all have a very blessed day!

No comments: