Saturday, March 24, 2012

I Reached My Goal!!!!

Almost a year ago I was hopeful to say those words, but still uncertain I ever would.  But here I am shouting from the rooftops that I met my goal!!!!  Actually I met it about 22 days ago but I haven't taken the time to sit down and write about it. 

This coming Wednesday will be my one-year surgeversary.  I can't believe it!  I have been very reflective lately on what was hapening in my life a year ago.  Hopeful, but uncertain.  Scared, but excited.  I had no idea what to expect and I as far as I am concerned, I have exceeded my own expectations.

I guess I can consider myself in the maintenance phase of life.  That to me is even more scary than the surgery itself.  I would still like to lose 5 more lbs just to give myself a little wiggle room and to be a normal BMI.  Right now I am right on the border of overweight and normal weight.  I've never really paid attention to that stupid BMI chart, but now that I am so close I guess I guess it means more to me.

93 pounds down is a dream to me.  Now I must work hard to keep them off:-)

4 comments:

Sheila said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goal baby! Woo hoo! Please keep blogging, as I get closer to goal I need some buddies in maintenance land to tell me how it is living down there! :-)

The Ferguson Family: said...

Thanks so much Sheila!You've been such an inspiration to me:-) I will keep blogging because like I said this is phase is even more scary than surgery. I need accountability through blogs :-)

Mr. and Mrs. said...

Yahoo!!! Great job!! I feel like I've been maintaining for months - I haven't lost much of anything in about 6 months. You lost all the weight, you can do this, too!

Samantha said...

Congratulations!!!!! Yaay for reaching goal! I am so excited for you!!!