Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I Did It Again

I went on vacation and lost weight!  Again!!!  Who does that?!?!?  People who have sleeves do :-)  We had a wonderful vacation.  The best one by far.  Being 57.5 lbs lighter makes vacation better.  We went to Denver to visit my sister and brother-in-law and had a blast.  Brooks & I got to sneak away one night and drive to Estes Park to spend the night while my sis and bro in law watched the girls.  We had so much fun!  On top of spending the night in Estes Park we shopped, went to a Rockies game and ate some really good food.  All while losing 3.5 lbs.  The other really great thing is that we took some really good family pictures.  Pictures I wasn't embarrassed to be in.  You never really know how much weight you've lost until you see yourself in pictures.  I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw.  Thought I'd share just a few :-)




4 comments:

Samantha said...

Congrats! ! Sounds like you had a blast! Great job on the loss!

Sheila said...

WOW! I have NEVER done that (lost weight on vacation, sleeve or not) so you are a supa star in my book! Next time you come to Colorado, look me up, we live near Denver. Great pictures, BTW!

The Ferguson Family: said...

Thanks girls!!! Sheila I wish I had known!!! My sister lives in the Denver area. We will be back so hopefully next time we could meet.

Amanda G. Harp, M.A. said...

Congrats on vacation weight loss!

Today, I'm writing to ask you to post/email about my doctoral dissertation. While it's hard losing weight on your own, it's not necessarily easier with a spouse or partner. Sometimes partners/spouses undermine weight loss through acts like complaining about healthier food, gifting high-caloric foods, or even through abusive language/acts. I'm creating an anonymous, online survey to assess for partner undermining and to learn more from those who experience it.

To be eligible to take the survey, participants need to have experienced this in their current relationship (of at least the past 2 years), and have been participating in a weight loss program for the past 5 consecutive weeks. For more info, see http://tinyurl.com/Clark-Study