Monday, June 27, 2011

Adorable Blog Award

The girls and I packed up and went to my parents last week.  My parents do not have internet, or a computer for that matter, so needless to say I didn't check my blog or any other blogs that I follow.  When I got home and checked up on everyone's blogs I found a great surprise.  Sheila at This One Body nominated me for The Adorable Blog Award.  So very sweet!  Please check out her blog.  She is doing wonderful things with her sleeve and I don't even know her but feel like I have for years.  Thanks a million Sheila :-)

There are a few rules that come with this award.
  • Thank your nominator and link back to their blog.  Please see above for that ~ Oh and thanks again Sheila!!!
  • Tell us ten things about yourself
  • Nominate your fellow bloggers
  • Contact them to ensure they know they have won
#1 ~ Ten things about me:
  1. I am an HGTV junkie.  In fact right now as I type this I am listening/watching HGTV.  My dream job is to be an interior designer.  My husband rolls his eyes everytime I make mention of re-decorating something.  He finds re-decorating unnecessary.  If it were up to him we would have all white walls with nothing on them.  Making things look pretty is my passion :-) My latest project ~ My dining room.  And yes when I told my husband he rolled his eyes and asked why I needed to do it.
  2. I took dance lessons for 16 yrs.  It was my entire childhood &  I miss it so much even in my ripe old age of 33.
  3. If I ever won the lottery I would treat myself to Starbucks every single day (skinny lattes of course) and a massage a couple times a week.  Sounds pretty simple but you have to be quite wealthy to afford Sbux these days.  Of course there are a few other things I would do like buy my parents a new house, give large sums of money to our immediate families and our church and buy myself a new wardrobe :-) Oh and hire someone to do my laundry.
  4. In addition to being an interior designer I would also love to be a writer.  I love to write.  I guess that's why I like to blog so much.  I am not a speaker.  Standing up in front of large crowds, or even a couple of people, frightens me.  I feel like I can communicate so much better with my written words.  Maybe I could write a book on interior designing???
  5. I DO NOT like to fly.  I guess that makes getting to Hawaii much harder.
  6. My last meal would have to be steak, potatoes, grilled corn on the cob and a cookie monster.  Now I would only be able to eat 1/4 of it, but I would still enjoy it.
  7. I read the entire Bible in 90 days.  My husband and I are on church staff and the entire staff read the Bible in 90 days together.  I am not going to lie, it was very, very tough.  We were literally reading all the time.  But I am so glad I did it!
  8. I have the sweetest, most beautiful girls in the whole wide world.  I know every mom thinks that, but I really do.  They are my joy and my life.  They keep me on my toes and make me smile everyday.
  9. I married my high school sweetheart and the most wonderfully amazing man on the planet.  He is slightly younger than me (1 1/2 yrs) and he never lets me forget it.  We just celebrated our 10th anniversary and I can't wait to celebrate 50 more.
  10. I love the Lord with all my heart.  My faith is what gets me up in the morning, keeps me going throughout the day and gives me the peace I need to sleep at night.  It's the single most important thing in my life.  Without it I don't know where I'd be.
#2 ~ My nomination:  I would like to nominate Sam at http://samswlsjourney.blogspot.com/ but I can't leave her a comment (blogger fail) and I don't have any other way to contact her.  Could I ask someone who may have a way to contact her to let her know I nominated her and then let me know if you did??? I have tried repeatedly to leave her comments but blogger continues to not let me.  I really enjoy reading her blog and wish I could let her know.

6 comments:

Sheila said...

YAY, great post! I love that you love to redecorate while your hubby rolls his eyes. That totally happens everytime I try and do something around here too. LOL! As for commenting, try to "uncheck" the box that says "Stay signed in" (or something like that) when you log into your account. Once I unchecked that box, poof, I could comment. Ugh!

The Ferguson Family: said...

Thank you so very much Sheila! I did what you suggested and I was able to finally leave her a comment.

Samantha said...

Helllllo!!!!! Thank you so much for the nomination! I totally appreciate it. I love your blog. You have a wonderful family!!! Im glad we can comment and communicate now!

Samantha said...

tomorrow my blog post for you shows up. check it out! ps where have you been :)

The Ferguson Family: said...

Yay Samantha! I know, I know. I have been just super busy with lots of trips and such. One more and then we will be home for the rest of summer. Hopefully I will post some NSV's this wk :-)

Samantha said...

Your super busy with life! No apologies needed!!! <3