Friday, June 3, 2011

I Have A Closet Full of Clothes

If you take a look at my closet you may think "Gee, she sure has a lot of clothes." When I take a look at my closet I think "Gee, I need a new wardrobe." I have a closet full of clothes that I held onto because I was very stubborn and wouldn't get rid of them. I would constantly tell myself that one day I would get back into these clothes. A few years later I still hadn't been able to wear then. Now, after WLS, I can wear most, if not all of them, and I don't even want to look at them.

At first I was so excited at the thought of getting a "whole new wardrobe" because I was going to be able to wear clothes that I hadn't worn in so long. But I look at those clothes and it takes me back to a time of great despair. It's so discouraging to walk in your closet and have so many clothes that you constantly tell yourself "one day" and never get there. It's so embarrassing to have to wear the same 4-5 shirts day after day because nothing else fits and you are too stubborn to buy bigger ones. Those clothes bring back a lot of old emotions, emotions I don't care to re-visit. I still don't have a lot of clothes. But knowing that it's because they are too big is so comforting!!!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Awwww, that is hard. I saved a bunch of stuff too with that same idea of "someday I will fit into this again!" Then somewhere along the way there were clothes that I meant to wear and put them on only to find out they were too big already. I am, however, thankful that I held on to a lot because it meant that I didn't have to run out and buy new stuff just yet. I've had to buy very little so far. In probably another 20lbs I will have to start with a whole new wardrobe!

The Ferguson Family: said...

I sincerely hope this post doesn't make me sound ungrateful. I am truly grateful to have clothes in my closet, they just bring back bad memories.

Sheila - Yay for clothes that are too big!!!! :-)