Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I Heart My New Sleeve

Now that I have a sleeve I love....

Not beating myself up at the end of the day because I made poor food choices
Not waking up every Monday morning saying today is the day I start my "fad" diet only to end the day in utter disappointment
Laying on the couch, watching TV at the end of the day and not feeling guilty because I ate too much and did too little
Walking into my closet and not feeling despair because I haven't gotten back into my "skinny clothes" yet
Buying really cute jammies
Not dragging myself out of bed because I am so tired all the time
Wearing a regular t-shirt to support The Mavs (GO MAVS!)
Slipping on my jeans and not having to use the belly band
My baggy pants
Watching weight loss shows and thinking I can do that too
The fact that I actually look forward to seeing people I haven't seen in awhile (I don't have to be embarrassed about my weight)
Seeing numbers on the scale that I gave up ever seeing again
And most importantly knowing that this is just the beginning.....

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Woo hoo! I love your list...amazing how much better we feel getting healthy isn't it?

China and Reed said...

Way to go! Thanks Sheila for your encouraging posts to my sister. I pray your journey continues well and that your life is full of blessings.

Melody said...

So happy for you!!! Hope we recognize you the next time we see you! :) Just wanted to mention that I made your roasted vegetables last night. I also cut up some boneless chicken breast and added that in and it was a GREAT one-meal dish!!! I didn't have the Lipton soup mix, but used fajita seasoning instead and it was great! Thanks for the recipe!!!