Tuesday, April 12, 2011

2 Weeks Down

It's been two weeks since I had my surgery. My mom went home yesterday :-( She was so much help. She took care of the girlies, cooked dinner for everyone, made sure I had soup and my shakes and kept up the dishes and the laundry. I know she probably wore herself plum out, but I never would've made it without her. And thanks to Marmie and Papa for taking the girls the first week. That was soooo much help to all of us!

Since she left all of those things were left up to me. I didn't get a whole lot done yesterday, but what I did get done just wore me out. I was very, very tired by the end of the day. I guess my strength will have to build back up.

I haven't had a bite to eat in four weeks now and it's starting to really get to me. We had a cookout at church Sunday and that was terribly painful. I left early because I just couldn't take the smell anymore. Just 7 more days and I can start soft foods. I am excited and nervous at the same time. Retraining myself will be very hard I think. Teaching myself to take much smaller bites and to quit when I am full will be major work. I think once I am eating some regular foods I will gain more strength. I am sooooo sick of protein shakes so I am looking forward to getting some protein from my food,

Now for the really great news! I made you wait until the end ;-) I have now lost 22.5 lbs!!!!!! 7.5 lbs away from my first goal of 30 lbs. I have decided to reward myself with a deluxe pedicure for the first 30 lbs. And if I can get Brooks to agree I will reward myself with a Keurig coffemaker at 50 lbs and a spa day when I reach my full goal.

I am really trying to keep myself busy this week. I don't want food to be the only thing I think about as I wait to eat some soft foods next week.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!!! That sounds like a BUNCH of weight to have lost already! I imagine your body adjusting to losing that much weight makes you tired, too, but how exciting!!! The pedicure sounds good, too! :)

China and Reed said...

Hi there Sis! We are so proud of you!! Try to hang in there just a few more days and you can have maybe some baby food or pudding and such. Reed can teach you how to blend things up in the blender :). I love the idea of the pedicure and I know you will love the Kurig. It allows you to only have one cup at a time and you can get all kinds of flavors. It would help you to only drink a little....I love my Kurig and it is perfect since I've weened myself to two cups a day. I wouldn't give up just yet on the 50lb reward. Hang in there. Love ya!