Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy Surgeversary!

I can't believe it has been one month since my surgery! I didn't meet my 30 day goal but I am within 2 lbs. I am very happy with that :-) I seem to have hit a stall as I have been the same weight since Monday. I read on a few different message boards that 95% of people experience a stall around weeks 3, 4 & 5. Once they break it, they continue to lose a lot of weight. Your body just has to re-adjust to eating soft foods from liquids and adjust to life with only 25% of it's stomach. I am just eagerly awaiting the break!!!

I celebrated my surgeversary with a bowl at Chipotle. I got a vegetarian bowl with no rice and extra beans. If you get vegetarian they give you guacamole so that was totally worth skipping the meat. I didn't think the meat would go down very well right now anyway. I also figured I could eat on my bowl for a few days. And boy was I right. It may take a week to finish it. I probably won't eat on it for a week but there is enough there to last that long. I just needed something other than tuna, cottage cheese, chicken salad or an egg. It tasted so good. We will see how well it progresses.

2 comments:

China and Reed said...

Being the cheap o that I can be I usually get the veggie bowl because you do get free guacamole. If you add it it costs an extra $1.80 so I skip the meat and go for the green good stuff. Thought I had told you about that before sorry for forgetting. Enjoy those great veggie's bowls. We can split one when you come here.

The Ferguson Family: said...

I think you told me and I didn't remember until they told me it was free. I would love to split one when we come!