Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Almost To My Goal

I'm half a pound away from my first goal! It's exciting and frustrating at the same time. So close but half a pound away. I can finally start regular foods today, but I am not sure how ready I am for that. It will take some time, I am sure, to get used to eating regular food again. Still no bread, rice or noodles, as it expands and will expand my stomach and make me miserable. I really don't miss it, so I am not sure when or if I will go back to eating any of that stuff. It's almost impossible to say never again, but the longer I stay away the easier it gets. I really don't want to start a carb crazy binge so staying away is the best thing for me right now.

People are really starting to notice and my clothes fit better and better everyday. Which makes everything worth it. The most important thing though is I already am feeling better and better. My energy is definately up, although once my head hits the pillow at night I am out. I went swimming for the first time in so very long. We had baptisms at church and I took the plunge and went for it. It was an easy setting because almost everyone was wearing a t-shirt and shorts over their swimsuits so I didn't feel so out of place wearing mine. I really enjoyed it and really felt like I was doing something that my kids had been wanting me to do for so long. Things are going swimmingly (pun intended) ;-)

I am attending a ladies conference with some girls from church this Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I am really looking forward to it! I anticipate great things on the other side of it. So I will probably be absent the rest of the week! Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

China and Reed said...

If you aren't doing bread then you can join me on my gluten free diet. I too am not missing the bread or sweets so we can encourage one another that way. Love ya! I'm now signing off because I'm going to bed. I've read and posted all out of order. Talk to you later. Have fun with Reed wish I was there too. He may be calling for exact directions if I don't give good ones he can follow.