Monday, May 9, 2011

Week 6 Has Come and Gone

Let me start by saying how wonderful the Flavour Sisterhhod conference was. What an unbelievable group of ladies that poured into the lives of woman from every background. Simply amazing!

This was my first outing with people who didn't know about my surgery. Most everyone did but there were a few that didn't. We ate most meals out so I wasn't sure if anyone would notice that ate so little or if I could hide the fact that I could only eat like 5 bites of whatever I was eating. My friend Tiffany agreed to split breakfast and lunch with me and dinner was easy because everyone just ate chips, salsa, queso and guacamole. I ordered one tamale, as I didn't know how just chips would settle, and ate about 3/4 of it and about 3 chips. The other times we met at Starbucks and I ordered coffee. I don't think anyone noticed how little I ate or they just didn't say anything. This weekend was a non-scale victory for me. Before surgery I would have probably not wanted to split anything with anyone, I would have gorged myself on chips and queso, drank sodas and bought sweet treats while I was shopping. I didn't. And you know what I didn't really miss them at all. That made me very happy!!!!

Last Thursday I went to the Dr. for a checkup and they cleared me to workout, yeah and nay ;-) and said they didn't want to see me until September. They also said my weightloss is ahead of schedule :-) I saw the PA and she told me to expect to lose 10lbs a month from here on out. I am honestly hoping for a little more than that, but hey I will definately take 10lbs a month.

I finally reached my 30lbs lost Thursday and managed to lose 2 more lbs. Super duper happy!!! I should never settle on a reward until I get there because I have changed my mind so many times. While I was at the conference I bought myself a 30lbs lost rewards. It was not what I thought it would be. They were selling Flavour cookbooks and the proceeds went towards their many missions and since I am such a sucker for cookbooks I bought one. This is no ordinary cookbook though. It's like a coffee table book with many delicious recipes and beautiful pictures scattered throughout. I had to have one. They were a little expensive so I decided since I really wanted one I would make this my reward.

This week I plan on stepping up my workouts. So many mixed feelings about that! Exercising has never been something I liked, but my energy is up and I am seeing results so it makes me want to step it up a little bit. Wish me luck as I tackle working out.

2 comments:

China and Reed said...

This is awesome! I'm so happy for you and reaching the goal. Awesome about workouts as well. Walking is a great one for now if you want something a bit lighter for now. I don't always feel like working out either and today was one of those days but I went because I want to be healthy for a long time and I know you do too. If you ever need encouraging just call me up. I can even give you and idea or two of easy things to do for now. I'm so proud of you and excited you are having more engergy. Good news from the doctor too way to go to be ahead of schedule. The cookbook sounds cool too. Well let me know if you want some ideas for workouts and I'm here if you need encouraging ideas for something new to do. Way to go you! Love you tons.
Chichi

China and Reed said...

I think I said "for now" like a hundred times in that last post so just ignore that you get the idea...."for now".

:) :)

P.S. I'm also very proud of you about the whole eating time out. Way to stay strong.