Friday, May 13, 2011

Recipe ~ Turkey Chilli

I love chilli!!! I could eat chili once or twice a week, except for the fact that Brooks wouldn't. I don't know what it is about chilli that I like??? Maybe the spices??? I don't know but I hope you enjoy my healthy chili!

Turkey Chili

1 lb ground turkey
1 onion
1 can diced tomatoes
1 small can tomato sauce
2 cans of beans, any variety you like
3-4 tbsp chilli powder (I like it pretty spicy)
1-2 tsp of cummin
salt, pepper, garlic, paprika to taste
1 cup of water, plus add more until you get the consistency you like

Brown turkey and onions until turkey is cooked through and onion tender. Add all of you spices and one cup of water. Simmer until water evaporates (this makes the meat hold the seasonings and taste more flavorful). Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer 30 min. Add more water if you like a thinner chilli. And If you like it thicker simmer longer :-) Add a sprinkling of cheese and voila, yummy chilli.

No comments: