Sunday, May 29, 2011

Denial

Denial is hard to deny these days. For so long I lived in a constant state of denial. I never saw myself as "morbidly obese", as the BMI chart categorized me (BMI charts (rolling my eyes)). I mean I knew I needed to lose some weight but never realized just how much, until now.

Now that I have lost 40 lbs I look back and see how much I was in denial. It really makes me sad that I didn't take responsibility sooner. I so wish I would've made this decision much earlier in life, but I keep reminding myself it's all in God's timing :-)

I can't wait to see this journey on the other side and no longer have my weight as a constant companion.....

1 comment:

Sheila said...

I know...I *wish* I could have had this surgery 20 years ago, but then I wouldn't have all of the pieces that make me understand why this is so special and important. Each and every diet I have ever been on has taught me something (and it has been a LOT of diets) so I guess I wouldn't trade all the knowledge and wisdom. But oh, how fun it would be to re-live the last 20 years in a skinnier body!