Saturday, May 21, 2011

Ups & Downs

This week has been so crazy!!! Me & my husband celebrated our 10th anniversary, my daughter graduated pre-school and my parents were here to celebrate with us. I really haven't had much time to blog anything this week. Tuesday morning I had a post all typed and out and ready and I hit publish post and it disappeared :-( I didn't have time to go back and re-type or even investigate what happened, so I gave up.

Throughout this week I have had so many up and downs on the scale. It's been very weird! When I get on the scale and there is a 1lb gain it stirs up a lot of emotions. I get this notion that the weight loss is over and I am going to gain it all back. I know that's not true, but when you live in that state for so long it's hard to break away from those thoughts.

I know my weight loss is not over and I know because of my hectic schedule this week I probably didn't get enough protein or water, as hard as I tried, and that probably contributed to water retention. This week my focus will be on water and protein. I really don't feel like I got off track eating wise. I still can't eat very much at a time, but I eat 5-6 times a day. People say that's really the best way to eat, several small meals throughout the day. It's does get a little frustrating when you want to eat more of your meal and can't but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

As of yesterday I have lost 37.5lbs. I am counting yesterdays because it was the lowest ;-) Hopefully I will be able to report that the scale has leveled off and on the downward spiral again on the next post. I also hope to post some more recipes very soon too!

PS ~ Go Mavs!!! I was able to go buy myself a Dallas Mavericks shirt. I didn't have a Mavs shirt because I could never find one that fit me well. I would have to get an X-large to fit over my hips and it would fall to my knees and elbows because it was too long, but I couldn't get a smaller size because it wouldn't fit everywhere else. Thursday I went to Academy and bought a women's fit large (not XL) and it fit almost perfect. It was actually a little big in the waist area, but fit perfect everywhere else. Now I can support my team with a t-shirt. Silly I know, but I am thinking I am now going to be able to buy a t-shirt to support all my teams now. So exciting!!!!!

No comments: