Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Getting Rid Of It All

As of this morning I can't report a loss :-( But I won't report a gain either :-) My body is in another stall, due to circumstances I can't control. Enough said about that....

Yesterday I spent most of the day getting rid of clutter. I can't stand all the stuff!!! I guess with a 40lb weight loss comes the need toss out the junk in every area of my life, not just the weight. I was able to pull out about 30 or so tops and about 5 pair of pants from my closet and drawers that were way too big. Boy howdy did that feel so good!!! But the greatest thing was that I cleaned and cleaned most of the day and had the energy to do it! I was very tired at the end of the day, but I couldn't believe how I kept going and going. It was truly amazing to me. When you have spent day after day with 40 extra pounds strapped to you it starts to take a toll on you. You just can't do the things that you know you need to do. I can't wait to see how it feels with another 40 lbs gone!!!

Today I continue my quest to de-clutter my life. I have decided to just take it room by room and day by day. Maybe I will come up with enough stuff to have a garage sale in the fall, when it cools off.

BTW - Did any of you watch Extreme Makeover - Weight Loss Edition? I did and was so inspired by it! That will be my new summer show, along with So You Think You Can Dance :-)

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Ooooh, I love to declutter, especially clothes that are TOO BIG! I don't do it often enough in the whole home, but I always feel like I'm trying. Baby steps, baby steps...check out the flylady.net for lots of decluttering tips!

The Ferguson Family: said...

Thanks Sheila! I will check that out. It feels so good to get rid of the junk. Out with the old and on with the new.....

China and Reed said...

Hi loved this post made me smile. We are getting ready to purge big time with a possible move so we are in the same boat.