Monday, March 21, 2011

A Liquid Fast Is NOT All That

It's almost been a week since I began my liquid diet. It's been a whole lot harder than I thought it would be. Especially during March Madness when every other commercial is about food. During this fast a lot of my food issues have surfaced and I have no choice but to face them head-on.

This morning as I was making my first shake of the day I thought to myself I might as well go back to bed. All I get to have today is liquid stuff. Really? My whole day revolves around what I get or don't get to eat? I guess I am starting to realize it did. I shouldn't want to go back to bed because I can't eat. I have two beautiful girls to enjoy, a house to clean and lots of things to do today. And food does not have to be the center of all of it!

It's really hard to admit & face that reality, but if this whole process is going to work for my life than it's necessary. It has to work!

1 comment:

China and Reed said...

Sorry the fast is not going great.......I hope it gets better for you. Think about the end result...going swimming with your little mermaid, going hiking with us, and more. Hang in there we are praying for you. Love, Chin